Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering is one of the most rewarding things one can do. It helps both parties involved in volunteering. Thinking about the benefits of volunteering can help you find the right opportunity. You can find some of the main benefits of volunteering below:
- Make a difference
- Make a difference by helping ones without a voice and who are less fortunate.
- Gain confidence
- Gain confidence by trying something new or gaining experience on what you like doing.
- Learn new skills
- Learn new skills by taking part in things that are new to you and what you have wanted to learn for some time now!
- Improve existing skills
- Improve your skills by experiencing new challenges, you will see how you improve each time!
- Meet new people and socialize
- Meeting new people through volunteering will give you the chance to meet like-minded people as well as improving your social relationship skills.
- Gain experience
- Gain professional experience in a career path you want to follow but have no experience in.
Register with us
At Hammersmith and Fulham Volunteer Centre we can help you to find a volunteering opportunity that matches your skills and interests. There is a huge range of volunteering opportunities available, including retail, office based volunteering, befriending, sports, and gardening. Whatever you choose to do, be assured that you will be making a difference to your local community, as well as improving your health and well-being.