Why Do We Volunteer?
We volunteer for various reasons that include personal, social and even employment-related motives. Reasons to volunteer can differ from one individual to another. You can find some of the most common reasons to volunteer below:
- Helping others without a voice or who are less fortunate
- Gaining confidence and self esteem
- Wanting to give something back to an organisation that has impacted you directly, or indirectly
- Helping the environment
- Feeling valued and part of a team
- Spending quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- A chance to socialise
- Getting to know the local community
- Developing new skills, knowledge and experience
- Building on existing skills and knowledge
- Gaining experience and enhancing a CV
- Using one’s professional skills and knowledge to benefit others (pro bono)
To learn more about HFVC, click here.
Register with us
At Hammersmith and Fulham Volunteer Centre we can help you to find a volunteering opportunity that matches your skills and interests. There is a huge range of volunteering opportunities available, including retail, office based volunteering, befriending, sports, and gardening. Whatever you choose to do, be assured that you will be making a difference to your local community, as well as improving your health and well-being.